Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

TMI: How Much Info Is Too Much?

In a new space with the ex. We're chatting about our dates from this weekend and Mr. Just Be Honest with Me tapped out. That's right. He said, and I quote, "I don't need to know all that." Okay, before you shake your head and me and agree with him, all I said was that NG (New Guy) thought it was cute that I am kinda clumsy. What kind of overshare were you thinking? For shame.

I trip. I trip a lot. And no, I'm not talking about shrooms. Hi, my name is Cindy, and I am hopelessly clumsy. I blame it on feet that are far too small for my body. Yes, I know the five foot three girl with the size nine feet reading this is telling me to cry her a river. But let's flip that script. I'm five eight with size six and a half feet. I'm buxom with hips that make grown men cry. All good things, right? Yet, I disagree. It's like putting an orange tree in a tiny terra cotta pot. That thing is gonna topple over. Yep, that's me.

But what was so offensive about the statement, as far as the ex is concerned? Slipping, falling, tripping my own feet, it's all things I've done much to my and HIS chagrin when we've been out. Oh sure, it caused us minutes of laughter, at my expense might I add. But it's not "one of our things". I was a fall hazard long before he met me and that didn't stop once we split. So what about that statement gave him pause. Well, you know me. I had to ask.

This was his reply: "The next time you stumble, I won't be the one to catch you."

Awwwww....damn. No fair, man. No fair.

So being that clumsy damsel in distress was something he found charming about me? Then why was this never expressed when I was his? All I ever heard was, "Heels are a bad choice". Why is it, the things you hate about your partner are the things you find the cutest when you've split?

Now keep in mind this topic was brought up after I expressed that NG is no fan of receiving oral sex. Whaaaaa?! IKR? I was as shocked as you are. We talked about the fact that NG is, let's say financially independent. We even discussed when NG and I would see each other again. So clumsiness didn't seem out of bounds.

Perhaps that speaks to the intimacy of detail. Someone else taking notice of something he thought was his detail. Something he and he alone ever knew about me. Who knew?

Namaste,
Cindy

No comments: