Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

Netflix and Chill

The exhausting thing about dating at my age is all the prep and excessive attention to body hair and squeezing my lady lumps into medieval-torture-device undergarments. One does want to be ready to shock and awe NG (that's New Guy for those y'all who haven't read my previous posts). But something magical happened this weekend that didn't require the iron maiden undies: Netflix and chill. Ohhhhh yeah, baby.

No, no, no. I don't mean the slang definition of the phrase. We literally put on some comfy clothes, watched Netflix and chilled. He'd had a looooong week at work (my poor boo gots a bigtime, stressful adult job) and I was still a little under the weather, more from the damn antibiotics at this point than the actual disease. So when he showed up at our rendezvous looking like he'd been ridden hard and put away wet (stop it!), I suggested we take things down a notch. Cancel the wild night of dinner and dancing and get real.

Took a little persuasion to get him believe I was serious. Clearly, his previous ladies would say one thing and mean something else. Nope. Not me, babe. Not me. If I say I'm down to trade in the skirt, tank top, and Victoria's Secret for a pair of your boxers and a plain white tee, I mean it. In fact, my lady parts were grateful. Whoever invented the thong was the most hateful, misogynistic asshole to ever walk the face of the Earth. Once convinced, NG and I embarked on a new adventure.

The Netflix part came easily. We had previously discussed a shared love of Adam Sandler. We coulda gone with Billy Madison or Grown Ups or Happy Gilmore and I woulda been happy with any of those, but to keep the vibe romantic, he picked 50 First Dates. Awwww, Drew and Adam at their best. Comfy clothes adorned, wine bottle uncorked, we settled into the media room off the first floor kitchen. And after about half an hour, something very intimate happened...we both fell asleep. What did you think I was going to say, naughty reader?

We woke around midnight tangled in a mess of body parts, a chenille throw, and of course my hair. Wiping drool from our lips, we laughed. Well, this evening had not gone as planned. I, for one, couldn't have been happier. He suggested we go to an all night diner for a little gnosh. Yaaassssss!

Sitting in a pair of his jeans and his t-shirt, across from him dressed in nearly identical fashion, I felt at ease. We ordered a couple beers, ate breakfast burritos at one in the morning and laughed. We talked about everything and nothing. We'd inadvertently gotten a big milestone out of the way: sleeping together. No, not sex (though that did happen later, hee hee), but actually snuggling and drifting off to sleep. Was it the evening either of us imagined? Nope. But as far as I am concerned, the night couldn't have been more perfect. It's the accidental, unplanned moments that make up the best parts of getting to know someone. And thank God, he doesn't snore.

Namaste,
Cindy

No comments: