Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Some Enchanted Evening

To many, the story I'm about to lay out may not seem like anything extraordinary, but to me, it's such a change from the heaviness and pain that marred much of the past two years that only one word can describe it: enchanted.

The night began by meeting one of the few gentlemen participating in online dating. He supplied a lovely Cabernet, funny conversation, amazing kisses and then gave me a great deal of pleasure without asking for anything in return except my company. And then he sent me off to work with a homemade meal. That in and off itself was pretty damn magical.

But wait, there's more.

I drive to work and decide to stop for a Coke and a smile. The convenience store clerk serenaded me whilst ringing me up. He thanked me for being a good sport and actually he wasn't a bad singer.

I walk out to my car and it wouldn't turn over. A couple older guys, smoking in the parking lot cheerfully gave me a jump and sent me on my way.

As I sit here in my car, eating my meal and drinking a Coke, car humming and relaxed as a mofo, I wonder what planets aligned and made tonight so enchanted? I don't have an answer, but why question good fortune? I'm choosing to live in this moment, a grin on my face and a song in my heart.

Namaste,
Cindy

No comments: