Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Hey Honey, Can You Set up My Tinder Profile?

Yesterday's theme was simplicity; today's not so much. But this is the place to air my complicated laundry so here we go.

This was the conversation with the ex last night:

Ex: Hey, you busy?

Me. No, just sick and bored. What's up?

Ex: You know how you are better at tech stuff than I am?

Me: Yeah.

Ex: I need a favor. Can you help me set up my Tinder profile?

WTF? Did he just ask me what I think he just asked me? He did, right? He's asking me to help him get laid. What. The. Literal. Fuck?

Okay, Cindy, hold on a minute. You've moved on to or at least under someone fresh and exciting. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, right? Fuck it. Why the hell not?

Me: Sure. Come on over.

Yes, you read this correctly. I set up my ex's Tinder profile last night and in a weird way it was liberating. It allowed us to talk about the subject of us both carrying on with life without the pressure of discussing anything serious.

I took some pics for him, talked him up in his bio and gave him a couple hints to get noticed. We laughed, we cried, it became a part of us. The new us.

Describing him as a desirable commodity had the added benefit of helping us remember that we were friends long before we became a couple. I know this exercise isn't for everyone, but for me it was oddly healing.

It's a brave new world, to be sure.

Namaste,
Cindy

No comments: