Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What Cindy Reads--BLOODWEIGHT by Eva LeNoir



Looking for a kickass heroine who's badder than any bad boy? Tired of vampiresses who are ice cold and yet somehow still weak as hell? Well, look no further for a she-vamp to sink your teeth into.

What drew me to Eva LeNoir's story is the premise itself--a female vampire who is also a kickboxer. LOVE IT! After the first few paragraphs, I was hooked.

Ms. LeNoir has a rich, smooth voice that draws you in and keeps you firmly rooted in the story. While I instantly fell in love with Sire Vampire, Nash Stanford, it's the heroine, Ellen, who really carries this tale. She's fiesty, tough, complicated and very comfortable with her sexuality. I appreciated that tidbit. Personally, I can't stomach the "gatekeeper syndrome" in women's erotica...but I digress.

The fight scene is fierce and had me rooting for Ellen the whole way. Same goes for Nash's pursuit of her. He's a wonderfully arrogant alpha male, but shouldn't the Sire Vampire be? Ellen's manager, Stones, is an adorable side character. As he is Ellen's favorite shifter, he quickly became mine as well.

My only complaint about this book is that it ends far too soon. I wanted more, more, more of these characters, the lush world Ms. LeNoir created and the steamy hotness that builds to a glorious crescendo.

Ger your copy today! http://hornydevilpublishing.com/paranormal-romance/

4 comments:

Cari Lorine said...

I'm sure Eva LeNoir appreciates your rave review, Cindy! It sounds like a great book!

Fedora said...

Very intriguing, Cindy--I definitely haven't read many female boxers or fighters--thanks! The only one I recall specifically was Sarah Mayberry's Below the Belt. Will have to check this one out!

fiona maclean said...

I love books you can't put down! This sounds like one of those!

Eva said...

Wow Cindy! I'm speechles, which for me is quite a feat! Thank you so much for your praise and you cannot imagine what an honour it is for me to have such a great review from you! I'm currently working on my favourite shifter, Stones, and he's just being a pain but...he'll come around. Thanks again!