Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Rebranding is a bitch!

You'll notice the half-naked chick and the bad girl fiction stuff is all gone from my blog. I will still maintain my backlog of erotic romance as independently published and I may write a bit more when the mood strikes. I do have to say I don't miss churning out the books, desperate for sales and new ways to connect stems and valves.

My new tagline is "It's complicated". Not original, I know, but it sums up my life to a tee right now. What you can expect from me going forward are honest short-stories and novellas about how fucked up life can be. Of course with a dash of my signature humor. Humor does come from pain after all.

Creating the new logo was a breeze which I love.  I used Canva and can highly recommend it for logos, book covers, Twitter covers, Instagram posts and more. Their stock photos are cheap and there is a lot to choose from.

The photo in the new logo, however, is NO stock photo. It is a real pic of my hotel floor about a year ago after a night of grown-up fun. When I woke up and stumbled to the bathroom, the crumpled clothes, empty bottle of booze, and rope gave me an odd sense of pride. We'd done the night before justice. Yes, we had. And yes, that's real firefighter-grade bail out rope. No fuzzy handcuffs for me, thank you very much.

No, the bitch has been stripping Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon author page, Istagram and Snapchat of my old fucking logo. I would pay someone else to do that crap, but I'm a control freak. So it's a pain-in-the-ass of my own making.

As for the actual writing, it has been a joy. Once I figured out the the glitches holding me back, I'm in top form again. Words coming faster than I can type. It's nothing short of elating.

I have two novellas in progress, one titled Shelter Me, detailing what I imagine is my neurotic rescue dog's backstory and reaction to becoming a family pet. The other is titled, The Last Year of Her Life. This one hits as little too close to home right now as what started as fiction has begun to happen for real with my mother. Wish me luck!

As for everything else I have cooking, I will keep you posted. I may have a few freelance positions on the horizon. We shall see.

Cheers,
Cindy

No comments: