Hi everyone. I know I've dropped off the face of the earth for several months. 2014 was a trainwreck and 2015 is flying by at a break-neck pace. So what have I been up to, other than neglecting my writing career? Let's see...
- Cancer companion for one of my dearest friends
- Travel baseball team general manager
- Acquiring a full time EDJ because one of my publishers totally fell apart
- and as of March 2015-- house hunting
Geez, I need a vacation just reading that list. But here are my silver linings:
-My beautiful friend is in remission and more bad ass than ever!
- My son is flourishing in travel baseball and it's been an adventure being part owner of a team
- The EDJ isn't quite so evil because I work with are honestly the NICEST, most polite people on the planet and they've encouraged me to use my pretty nifty brain to pursue a career in pharmacology
- I have a new publisher that is the bomb: Kensington Press
I am now, however, in the midst of a panic attack because DESIRE releases May 12th and I've done nothing...NOTHING to promote it. This book matters so much to me. I want it to be successful in a way that none of my other books have been. But how to do right by it and my publisher when I've pretty much disappeared from the romance writing scene?
Is it possible to reboot a writing career after months of neglect? Has anyone out there been through the same thing? Any and all advice is welcome.