Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Interview with Ashley Marie Lucas!

Please welcome my guest today, the talented Ashley Lucas! Her debut release is Moonlight Tales.
https://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30&products_id=183&zenid=b35cb23c2b18a5aac8a400e40226425c
Okay, Let's get to the good stuff!


How long have you been writing?

All my life. When I was young writing was a wonderful escape from reality. Now I just do it for fun. Write the things I love to write.

What's your favorite part of being a writer? Least favorite?

Favorite is easy writing characters I fall in love with. Least favorite….edits!! ohh that is such a badddddddd word

What draws you to m/m? Why do you think it's such a hot genre these days?

Well I write both m/f and mm because I feel love has no boundries.   I write MM for women to read.  So I write the things that make me want to read it, heart soul, and hotter than sin men how can a story go wrong. It is all about he connection and love, if you do not have  that MM or M/F you cannot have a story.
Are you a "plotter" or a "pantser"? Why?

Pantser, the characters talk to me as I write….they drive the bus so to speak.

Tell us a little about your latest release.

Moonlight Tales

I have Phoebe’s wolf. This is a m/f book.  Phoebe is a werewolf, she is a detective and plus sized.  I wanted her to have an equally strong mate. So she has Jason alpha of the Silver moon pack. She is helping him solve a string of murders.  She has some trials along the way, but in the end she gets her man more ways than one.

Where can we find you on the web?
Right now I have a blogger http://ashleylucasauthor.blogspot.com/

And facebook; Ashley Marie Lucas

What manuscripts do you have in the works right now? Any upcoming release days for us to mark on our calendars :) ?

I have a Halloween release coming up should be October 25th  this one is m/f and called the Purrfect man.  Gia has hired a date for her cousin’s  engagement party. Ohh and her cousin has stolen Gia’s ex and going to marry him. So Gia has hired  Tristan. And Tristan is much more than meets the eye.  He really is Purrrfect.

You're stranded on a desert island and you can only take three books with you, which three would they be?
HA My kindle cause I can hold a 1000 or more books …..see come one wouldn’t that work?

Landlocked by Cindy Jacks would be a must
Angel’s Wolf by Rebecca Royce
And anything by Bobby Michaels.

Since this is the "Bad Girl Writer's Block" who is your favorite historical "bad girl"? Why?

Hummm so many….I am going to say the spi girls from world war two. They used their wits and wiles to really do their job at high risk to themselves.

When you aren't writing, what do you like to do?

Crochet, I am published designer under another name… read and review

Anything else you'd like to share with us?
I have a three pound yorkie Kirby that helps me write. He keeps me on track too.

A question for readers?

What paranormal would you like to see in a story and why?  What is over done in the paranormal world?  What pairing would you like to see next m/m or m/f?  would you like to see more Curvy girls in books?

Also would you like to run a contest?

I would like to give away a pdf of Moonlight Tales to a lucky reader

Thank you Cindy!

--Ashley Marie Lucas
 Buy Moonlight Tales now:
https://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30&products_id=183&zenid=b35cb23c2b18a5aac8a400e40226425c

5 comments:

XoXoPublishing said...

Great interview Ashley! Gina

Denysé Bridger said...

Congratulations, Ashley!! Edit is not a bad word, really it isn't!! *lol* Enjoy the whole process and it's all a magical journey!!

Hugs,
Denyse

Foxx Miyamoto said...

Didn't she do a lovely job? And I'm so flattered to be on her must-read list. *Cindy blushes* :)

Denysé Bridger said...

You're on my must read list, too, Cindy! *wink*

Unknown said...

Great interview. :) i just added it to my wishlist.

Terri M