Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The K.I.S.S. rule

Wow did this summer fly by and unfortunately it wasn't as much fun as I had hoped. The nice thing about the change of seasons is the change of mood as well. I've always loved fall, it makes me feel at peace, though I'm not sure why. Could be the beautiful silence that surrounds me from 730am to 330pm *grin*. I've decided to devote this time to myself. After all, I deserve it. I've also decided to simplify my whole approach to my writing career.

I can't wait to get back to writing and promo basics. I've been a bit overwhelmed by the plans I made for this year--especially by the fact that I can't seem to stick to any of them--so I'm going to follow the best advice my father ever gave me: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. Not that my father ever called me stupid, but he did ask me once, when I was in a similar situation (I tend to overcomplicate things on a regular basis) if I'd ever heard of the "K.I.S.S." rule. Of course I hadn't. He then told me what the acronym stood for. Gotta love that military jargon. It really does apply so often in life. Blog a little, write a couple hours a day, post about blogging and writing. Rinse and repeat as necessary. It really is that simple...it's fighting off the urge to make things more complex that is hard. Wish me luck!
Cheers,
Cindy






cindyjacks.com

No comments: