Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Reason 101 why I love my guy...

I thought I'd take a page from Cari Lorine's book and blog about my man (love your blog, Cari!). There are at least a hundred reasons why I love my guy, but here's reason one hundred and one.

Last Thursday, while I'm trying to select a movie for our "date day," he's on the phone with work. No, this isn't the reason I love him. Anyway, I motion to Snow White and the Huntsman. I know he doesn't care to see it, but he's told me it's my pick so I run it up the flagpole and see if he salutes.

Covering the phone receiver with one hand, he nods. "Yeah, that one. Or how about Magic Mike?"

Is he serious? No way. He's messing with me. Of this I'm sure.

Patiently, I wait until his phone call is finished. He strides into the living room and peers at the TV.

"Did you order a movie?" he asks.

"Not yet. I wasn't sure what you wanted to see."

"Snow White is fine. Or Magic Mike. Either one."

"Are you serious?" I look at him out of the corner of my eye. "Magic Mike?"

"Yeah. I hear it's a good movie."

Okay, I remember raving about it, but that was for obvious reasons. Granted, I liked the plot of movie far more than I expected to, but that's neither here nor there. No hetero man alive would volunteer to watch it...would he?

"Okay, what's up?" I ask, full of suspicions. There must be an impending firefighters night out or he has to work on our anniversary or he's shrunk my favorite sweater by mistake. Seriously...what is going on???

"I'd just like to see it and I'm sure you're willing to sit through it a second time." He takes a seat next to me on the sofa.

Well, all righty then. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I click "order" with the remote and run to the kitchen to fetch the bottle of wine. Because he's a firefighter and an EMT who works 24-hour shifts, we've designated Thursdays our "date day". My son is at school, it's DH's second day in between shifts so he's well-rested and it's one of the days I've scheduled off from writing. Thus, the stage was set for a wonderful day snuggling on the couch.

Though I'm sure I enjoyed Magic Mike on a totally different level than he did, he never ceases to amaze me with his willingness to meet me more than half way. Turns out the film also gave him some choice ideas for the end of date day...but that I'll have to save for one of my books *grin*.

Cheers,
Cindy



5 comments:

Cari Lorine said...

:) :) LOVED this post, Cindy! It was so nice to read about your husband. It sounds like you two have quite the romance going! ;) I don't think my DH would watch Magic Mike even if I tied him to a chair (Hey, that might be worth a shot, though). :) I'm glad you two had a good day off. Everybody deserves those. Thanks for the shoutout!!

Foxx Miyamoto said...

Thank you, Cari! I took inspiration from your wonderful blog :) And I agree, tying hubby to the chair is definitely worth exploring! ((HUGS))

Jess @UsedYorkCity said...

Aww, that's adorable! Although my bf wouldn't volunteer to watch this particular film, I DO get all giddy when he suggests those cheesy chick flicks;-) Enjoyed reading about you and the hubby!

fiona maclean said...

hehehe you know they love you when they pic movies they think YOU want to see!

Foxx Miyamoto said...

It's true, Fiona...of course now I have to acquiesce when he picks some horror or action flick for next Thursday, argh! LOL