As a big believer in counting one's blessings, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and let days, weeks, even months slip by without stopping to look around and give thanks. That's why one thing I'm grateful for is a day that reminds us to take stock and whisper a prayer of gratitude. Here are the other nine things for which I'm giving thanks today:
9. Food, shelter and water - In the US, it's easy to forget these most basic necessities are not readily available to much of the world's population. I count myself as so very fortunate to have all this and most days not give it a thought.
8. My publisher and my editor, without whom I couldn't share my work with the world. Love you, Jilly!
7. Music. Nothing affects my mood more. It brings me joy, makes me wanna get up and dance and, when needed, helps me have a good cry. I can't imagine a world without music.
6. My health. It's been a bumpy year healthwise, but they were fixable bumps and the road ahead looks smooth.
5. Pecan pie...yes, this should fall under food, but it's so much more than that and well, whoever created the first pecan pie was a freaking genius :)
4. Words. Words are my life, my bread and butter and my dessert. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't express myself in this way.
3. Readers! You are the reason I do what I do and I can't thank my fans enough.
2. Laughter. I love to laugh and nothing fills me with more happiness than to hear my son burst out in a fit of giggles. Best sound in the world.
1. Friends and family. It's the people in life that make it worth living. I give thanks every day that I've been blessed with so much love and so many people to love.
I hope today finds everyone happy, healthy and filled with things to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!