Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

To C, with much appreciation

Okay, I'll admit it...I cyberstalk myself. Since writing is a fairly solitary art, it's always nice to get feedback, even if it's negative--though positive comments are waaaay easier to read, lol. So every now and then (I swear it's not every day...okay, it might be everyday) I take a look at the comments I receive on Amazon, Ellora's Cave, Goodreads, etc. Yesterday I was struck by the words a reader took the time to share with others about my book ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE.

C wrote: "Excellent story. The last chapter is a tear-jerker so have your tissues ready. This book will stay with me for a long, long time."


Just a few lines, but they really meant the world to me because 1. As an author it is my goal to elicit emotion and make a lasting impact on a reader. I was thrilled to have done both for C. And 2. Often it seems the anonymity of the internet brings out the snarkiness in otherwise civil people, it was so nice that someone took the time to be kind. So I wanted to take the time to tell C thanks. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. You've made this author's day.


And now I'm off to pay it forward. I'm going to leave a little love for a few of my favorite authors :)


Happy reading this weekend!


Cheers!
Cindy

No comments: