Friday, December 31, 2010
Dream the POSSIBLE dream!
Finally, over the past five years, I decided to make resolutions I had a hope in hell of achieving. In 2010, I resolved to submit a manuscript to Ellora's Cave and that worked out beautifully! In fact I have a new release coming out at Ellora's Cave on January 7th titled Love Game. Woo hoo! So this year, I'm going to keep building on my momentum as a writer and keep up with my healthy habits like yoga and controlling my sugar intake (not insane, borderline eating disorder habits).
But then I thought, why not take these reasonable resolutions one step further? Why not make a few resolutions I know I can keep to bolster my self-esteem even more? It's time to dream the possible dream! Here's what I've come up with:
1. When I empty the garbage can, I will immediately put in a new trash bag. I'm sure I can stick to this one...okay, 75% sure.
2. I will clean the lint trap in the dryer between each load.
3. I will no longer buy Men's Fitness magazine under the pretense of reading the articles. And really, if they wanted me to be able to focus on the content, why would they fill it with smoking hot, half-naked men??? I mean, look at the dude on the cover--even he's checking himself out!
4. I will no longer sneak a few grapes from the bag while finishing the rest of my shopping. I mean, I still have to taste one to be sure they're worth buying, but I will stop at only one...maybe two, but that's it!
5. I will not ogle my yoga instructor's ass...hey, I have to make one resolution I know I'm going to break. That's half the fun, isn't it? *grin*
So now it's your turn--what grand and not-so-grand resolutions are you making this year?