Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Birds Do It, Bees Do It, Even Characters in Good Reads Do It by Sandra Sookoo

I'm excited to have Ms. Sandra Sookoo here for Valentine's Day. With her newest release, Cupid in Blue, I thought who better to help celebrate the big V-Day? Sandra is a multi-published author with Lyrical Press, Desert Breeze Publishing, Eirelander Publishing, and Liquid Silver Books! Please welcome her and show her some love!

The Season of Love is here and in full swing! Hearts and cherubs decorate everything and the smell of chocolate is in the air. Valentine’s Day has arrived.
Being a writer of romance is fun. Why do I stay in this genre? Because there is love in everything we do and nothing pulls a book together more than romance. Will the characters kiss? Will they work through their problems and be together? Is there going to be a happy ending?
In honor of the day, I’ve decided to pull a few kiss scenes from your entertainment from some of the most favorite books I’ve written. Hope you pick up some warm fuzzies.
First scene from NOT JUST MAKE BELIEVE available with Desert Breeze Publishing http://www.desertbreezepublishing.com
Now I had to deal with a man who apparently thought that he was God.
Stop the world, I want to get off!
How about if I just grew a backbone and put a stop to all of this right now? After this little pep talk to myself, I hit the seventh floor button again as we arrived at the Lobby. "Absolutely not! I'm going to relax in my room, order room service, and watch mindless television for the rest of the night." I grinned at the surprise on his face. "Oh, did you think you were the only one who lived here? It's part of my benefits package. At least I don't have to pay rent."
"Very efficient."
I glanced up at the humor in his voice and was immediately irritated. To top it all off, he had dimples when he smiled. Once again, I was the head float in my own freak parade.
"I'll take care of it, Andrea." He punched the Lobby button and gave me a commanding glance that clearly said stay put. "I would really like to have dinner with you. That's all."
That was the last straw. "There are other people in the world, you know. We don't all kowtow to your every whim." I hit the lighted seven button.
Up we went.
Max hit the Lobby button, determined to win in the battle of wills.
My fingers curled into fists until my nails bit into my palms. "You're not listening to me."
Without thinking, I methodically hit every single button on the panel, until all the little numbered circles were lit up. I gritted my teeth and tried to regulate my breathing, but when my eyes met Max's dark gaze, a tiny flame of desire flared in my gut. This was not a good sign.
Two things happened simultaneously.
First off, the elevator car shuddered to a violent stop somewhere between the tenth and Penthouse floors, throwing me against Max. Second, I guess Max chose that opportunity to completely lose his mind. Before I could do much more than blink at him in surprise, his arms snaked around my waist, and he kissed me. There's no other way to tell the story. Not a swift peck on the cheek, grandma-style. It was one of those old-fashioned curl-your-toes kinds of kisses that you would see on old movies where the heroine pops her foot up behind her. Max's lips covered mine with a warm pressure that was gentle and insistent. Shivers of excitement raced up my spine when his fingers traced circles on my back.
My traitorous body decided he was non-threatening after all and started to press itself up against the solid mass that was Max. Before I could analyze why butterflies stirred in my stomach, the moment was over.
As first kisses go, it was quite delicious. But, my foot did not pop.
In case you were wondering.

Next scene from THE ART OF FANG SHUI available now with Eirelander Publishing http://www.eirelander-publishing.com

A strangled sort of sound came from Edwin that she interpreted as annoyance. She grinned. She succeeded in her goal to annoy him.
“Enough, Hannah. Enough!” He stopped suddenly, threw his stick into the underbrush, and turned to her with a crazed expression on his face. “You know the reason why I cannot indulge in my baser instincts. I trusted that information to you in the hopes you would respect my wishes.”
Sudden trepidation tingled over her skin. “Edwin, I am so sorry. I was only teasing you, trying to cajole you into a better mood.” Her stomach dropped to the region of her knees with shame. She could only imagine how he must feel. “Please believe me when I tell you I never meant—” She stumbled to a halt at his laughter. The dimple in his cheek winked with the force of his mirth.
“Oh spatzi, you are truly a remarkable woman!” He wiped at the sweat on his forehead then engulfed her in a hug. “It is difficult for me to remain angry at you.”
Hannah pulled back in surprise. “So that whole frustrated tension thing was just an act on your part? You weren’t affected in any way by our kiss yesterday?” Now she was upset. She behaved like an idiot in front of him for nothing. And the fact Edwin might find her to be one was embarrassing.

“You are wrong, Hannah. I was very much affected by your little show of power.” He drew her close to him once again his hands at her waist held her flush against naughty bits. “However, I must warn you. If you insist on playing with fire, sooner or later you will be burned.”
She didn’t have a chance to react before he brought his lips crashing down on hers with such force she had no choice but to submit under his assault. He manipulated her mouth until she parted her lips. Hannah let in his tongue. It fenced with hers, investigated every inch of her mouth and she gasped for breath. She twined her fingers in the silky strands of his black hair, gratified to know it was as soft and thick as she had first thought.
Intense beats of need consumed her body until she thought she’d pass out. Erotic images flooded her mind with shimmered brilliance that fed the flames of desire building in her chest. Hannah gasped. Every nerve ending tingled with awareness that almost burned her skin as he continued to plunder her mouth. She pressed her body against his, craving a new level of closeness. She groaned against his lips as his arousal made its presence known against her stomach.
When you set your full attention on something, you certainly leave no room for error.
Her eyes fluttered open when she realized he had pulled away. He regarded her, amusement sparkled in his eyes, now a midnight blue.
“Consider that your first and only warning, spatzi. The next time you start something, do have a care, and make certain you can finish the task. I find an unfinished job to be a very inefficient use of time.”
He winked. Hannah’s jaw dropped open.
Could it be he was developing a sense of humor after all?
She stared mutely after him. If Edwin can kiss like that without even trying, what else can he do?

And the last scene comes from CUPID IN BLUE available now with Lyrical Press, Inc. http://www.lyricalpress.com/
“You said you’d pick me up.”
“I am.” Before she could protest, Aaron plucked her from the balcony and held her against him as he descended to the ground.
“I just didn’t tell you how I’d be doing it.” For long moments, his arms remained wrapped around her as he gazed into the deep blue pools of her eyes. He could easily stay there for hours.
Desire slithered through his gut when she shivered against him.
The box of chocolates slipped to the ground unnoticed and she pulled out of his arms as he leaned in to kiss her. “Back off, Lover Boy.”
Aaron stepped away, acutely aware she was the one who broke the embrace. “I’m sorry.”
By willpower alone, he kept the warmth in his neck from spreading to his face. “So, are you ready for dinner?”
Confusion clouded her eyes. “I’m not going anywhere unless you put those things away.”
She glanced pointedly at his wings. “But before you do, can I touch them?”
“Why?” Suddenly suspicious, he retreated another step. Curiosity blazed in her eyes as she closed the distance between them. “Why are you so interested in them? They’re just wings.”
“I’ve never seen anything like them before.” Her eyes sparkled when she smiled. “Did you think I’d be afraid and run away? Maybe call one of the tabloids and sell your story for a couple thousand bucks?” She stretched out her right hand then stroked the feathers of his left wing.
Tremors rocked his body at her touch. Aaron had no idea his wings could bring such intense spikes of pleasure, but as Catherine drew her fingers over the soft, downy feathers, his knees buckled. Intense waves of need crashed into him with enough force to make him flinch.
“Catherine…” His voice was rough with a passion he couldn’t explain.
“You’d better be careful, Cupid. If a simple touch has you nearly doing cartwheels, I can’t imagine what a kiss would make you do.”
He met her gaze and almost pleaded with her to stop her torment, but he quelled the urge.
He wanted to know what else would happen. “Catherine.” Urgency flooded his voice. She swept her palm down the length of his wing. Aaron shivered and clutched at the hand she placed on his chest. He groaned as his arousal strained against the front of his jeans. Never had he felt this way, and all because a woman touched his wing. “Enough.”
Catherine’s laugh was throaty and smugly feminine, but she removed her hand. “I can honestly say I’ve never turned a guy on quite like this before.”
“Damn.” He felt the loss of contact immediately, as the extreme sensations subsided and his ragged breathing returned to normal. “You almost killed me.” He stared at her with newfound respect and a healthy dose of shock.
“In order to be the authority on love and passion, wouldn’t you need to experience it for yourself?” She shrugged then turned away. “I’m going to the diner. You’re welcome to join me when you’re able.” At the last moment, she glanced over her shoulder. “I don’t know how you men function with those things between your legs. Seems to me they spring to life at the most inopportune moments.”
His jaw dropped. He stared after her for long moments as “that thing” calmed down enough so he could walk about town without embarrassing himself. Not for the first time did he wonder what exactly went on behind Catherine’s confident façade.
Aaron folded his wings beneath his skin, cringing when joints snapped and the skin on his back stretched. He’d never get used to that sensation. He took a deep breath and let it hiss out between his teeth. Being Cupid was not the problem. Being Cupid with the hots for an unattainable woman definitely was.
***
I hope you enjoyed the kissing scenes. Now, go out, track down your sweetie, and spend some quality time with each other!
If you want to know more about my books and where to purchase them, pop over to my website and start browsing! http://www.sandrasookoo.com/

No comments: