Friday, September 18, 2009
A Woman's Guide to Football
Personally, I think it's self-explanatory why I love football, but since I'm still trying to convince author friend, Jambrea Jo Jones, of the sport's virtues, I thought I'd make a list of the top ten reasons football could get your mojo rising.
10. Testosterone - What woman doesn't love high-testosterone, pumped up men?
9. Drama - Aside from the personal lives of the players--which is chock full of scandals, antics, and baby mama drama--longstanding rivalries, last-minute comebacks and Cinderella upsets are enough to keep you on the edge of your seat.
8. Pagentry - Fans painted in and waving team colors, perky little cheerleaders, tailgate parties, and a parade of athletic male physiques, football is more than a sport--it's entertainment. There's something to be said for bread and circuses!
7. Foooood - Keeping with that bread and circuses theme, I love football food. Be you kitchen-impaired or a bonafide foodie, you can turn any given Sunday into a rockin' dinner party.
6. One of the guys - A woman who appreciates football gets to take part in some esoteric--and at times bizarre--male bonding rituals. Male bonding not your thing? Think of it this way, you watched and celebrated game day with him, now it's his turn to take you shoe shopping.
5. Bad boys - T.O., Randy Moss, Jeremy Shockey. The list goes on and on. The NFL is rife with the bad boys we all love, but know we shouldn't.
4. The pants - Those tight, tight football pants sure do accentuate the positive. Narrow waists and delicious mounds of buttocks...and what's more they BEND OVER for the camera in those tight pants!
3. The pants - Mmmmm, those pants bear repeating.
2. The pants - Did I mention the pants? Just making sure.
1. Man-Love! - No where else--outside of a gay porno set--can you see so much male-on-male contact. Hot, sweaty bodies clashing together and rolling on the ground. What happens in the tackle, stays in the tackle...not to mention the locker room, but that's a whole other blog entry.
And that's why this author's a football fan for life. Viva el NFL!